What is Skilled Nominated visa – subclass 190?
The Subclass 190 visa is a skilled nomination visa offered by the Australian government for individuals with skills and qualifications that are in demand in a specific state or territory of Australia. This visa is designed to address the specific skill shortages within different regions of the country.
Visa 190 Benefits
With visa Skilled Nominated visa – subclass 190 you can:
- stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen
Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
One of the key differences between the Subclass 190 visa and the Subclass 189 visa (Skilled Independent visa) is that the former requires you to be nominated by a specific state or territory government agency. This means that you must have skills and qualifications that are in demand in that particular region.
Once granted, the Subclass 190 visa allows you and your accompanying family members to live, work, and study in the nominating state or territory for up to five years. It also provides a pathway to permanent residency, and you may be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship after meeting certain criteria.
To be eligible for the Subclass 190 visa, you need to:
- Have an occupation that is on the relevant state or territory’s skilled occupation list.
- Meet the minimum requirements for skills, qualifications, and work experience for your nominated occupation.
- Obtain a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your occupation.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirement.
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency.
- Receive an invitation to apply after submitting an expression of interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect system.
Visa 190 streams
- 25% of applications: 70 Days
- 50% of applications: 86 Days
- 75% of applications: 4 Months
- 90% of applications: 7 Months